Wednesday, December 7, 2011

A Word in My Head



There is a word that I need to find out about its meaning. I have been knowing the word but without knowing its meaning. I have never thought about it before. However, lately the word keeps on my mind and seems asking me to try knowing further more.

I usually say this word whenever I call a customer care of banks where I have an account.  since they will always ask question about your mother’s name before she is married. Yes, the word is my mother’s name.

Then, I when I join Anand Ashram, a place for people to meditate in such modern methods there the word comes again. Over and over again I listen bhajans with the word in it.

I become curious even more….

The word which is my mother’s name is Namah. In Hinduism the word usually comes after Om and continued with Shivaya so it usually written as Om Namah Shivaya. And it  is a popular mantra in Hinduism and particularly in Shaivism. Its translation is "adoration (namas) to Śiva", preceded by the mystical syllable "Aum".

I got that definition from Google. There I find out that there are 2 websites using the word Namah as its domain ( one with .net and the other using .com ).

From Namah.com here is what they say about Namah.

Namah in the pre-sanskrit language of Avesta means reverence and greeting.

I also try to click on Wikipedia to find about it. There are long explanation about it.

Well, finally I have come across what I look for.


Thank you for today…..


Image: Google search

No comments:

Post a Comment